Wednesday, 18 March 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ!! Love's Secret Torment by Stacy L. Darnell



SYNOPSIS:

Three lives entangled…

Sam- Carefree, innocent, and in love. All is destroyed when life has other plans. Love isn't easy, especially when your heart is torn in two.

Alec- The weight of a life changing secret is suffocating. His love for her is his oxygen. Will his love be enough or will he be too late?

Emmett- Life gives and life takes away. Tormented by what and who he can’t have. Will he fight or lose his soul?

When fate steps in, their lives are irrevocably changed.

Love's Secret Torment is the story of three people's search for answers as they deal with life's cruel turns. Does surviving their destiny and living with the aftermath come at too great a cost? Join them on their journey as they face the rocky steps of a fate-twisted adulthood.



Excerpt #1 – Alec’s POV
My hands began to sweat as we pulled into the parking lot for Reveille Coffeehouse and Café. I glanced at the beautiful girl sitting in the passenger seat of my truck.
Yup…she’s really there. Holy shit.
Her hands were in her lap, and she was fidgeting with her bracelet. She was nervous. Well, that made two of us. I had no idea what the hell I was doing. There was no room in my life for a girl. I was damned, and the people I loved tended to suffer for it.
Her sweet voice pulled me from my thoughts.
“So, have you eaten here before?”
I pulled into a spot and shifted my truck into park. Leaning my head back against the headrest, I closed my eyes. Her soft hand slipped into mine and she exhaled a shaky breath.
“If…if you don’t want to go in, it’s okay. I can get a ride back to the park to get my car.”
“No, Samone. I’m sorry. It’s not that. I want to be here with you. It’s just—complicated.”
“Oh. Okay.”
“And I would never make you get a ride anywhere. I’m not an asshole.”
“No, I didn’t mean that, I’m sorry Alec.”
“It’s okay. I know you didn’t mean it, but wanted to make sure we were clear. You don’t ever have to worry when you’re with me.”
Her shoulders relaxed and she smiled.
“To answer your question, yes, I’ve eaten here before. It’s really good. Let’s go in, okay?” I said as I lightly squeezed her hand.



















Excerpt #6 – Emmett’s POV
I brought the glass to my mouth again and tossed the contents back, relishing in the burn it left behind in my throat.
Pouring another, I closed my eyes and recalled Sam’s expression when I told her I was leaving. I felt torn, relieved that I wouldn’t have to see her disappointment every time she looked at me, but there was also the part of me that felt like a complete and utter asshole for leaving her.
I found myself pouring another two fingers of whiskey into my glass and just sat there alone, staring at the amber liquid. I tossed that glass back too, and decided to sleep the day, the night, and the whiskey off. Lying down and closing my eyes, I let my mind drift off to oblivion. 
























About the Author

Stacy is a New Adult/Contemporary Romance author. Her debut novel "Love's Secret Torment" is tentatively due out in February, 2015. She has started her second novel "Sweet Conundrum" due out later that year.

Stacy lives with her husband Mike, son Austin and chocolate lab Gage just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. She loves the seasonal weather changes, taking walks with Gage and spending time with her family and friends.

While happily addicted to Starbucks writing is her passion and sharing her stories with the world is a dream come true.


Follow Stacy on social media:


Facebook: www.facebook.com/StacyLDarnellAuthor
Twitter: @StacyLDarnell
Blog: 
http://StacyLDarnellAuthor.blogspot.com
Instagram: @StacyLDarnell
TSU: @StacyLDarnell


RAFFLECOPTER:








No comments:

Post a Comment